Lawyer Hannah Milena Piel
Attorney at Law (Rechtsanwalt)
Specialist lawyer for criminal law (Fachanwalt für Strafrecht)
Board member of the Economic Criminal Law Association (Wirtschaftsstrafrechtliche Vereinigung e.V. – WisteV).
Hannah Milena Piel joined the law firm Albert & Piel in early 2008. Since then, she has represented her clients in numerous cases, especially in criminal proceedings relating to business offenses (White Collar Defense). She has successfully defended individuals in both criminal and internal investigations. She has represented witnesses and damaged parties in cases of damages caused by criminal offenses and has worked extensively on several international criminal law cases. Hannah Milena Piel has broad litigation experience. Having had worked for years at a leading law firm that specialized exclusively in criminal law appeals, she also specializes in appealing criminal convictions and has been able to reverse judgments for many of her clients.
In 2010 Hannah Milena Piel was elected Board member of the Economic Criminal Law Association (Wirtschaftsstrafrechtliche Vereinigung e.V. – WisteV), where she is currently chief editor of the Economic Criminal Law Online Journal, WiJ, published by WisteV since 2012.
Published in legal textbooks and criminal law journals, Hannah Milena Piel also regularly writes commentaries on the latest criminal judgments of the Federal High Court of Justice.
Hannah Milena Piel was appointed specialist lawyer for criminal law (Fachanwalt für Strafrecht) in 2008. She also successfully completed the specialization course for tax law.
Hannah Milena Piel is always happy to give advice in Italian or English.
- Born in Cologne.
- Law studies at the Universities of Constance and Bologna.
- 1998-2003 Research Assistant for criminal law at the University of Constance (with Prof. Dr. Dr. Eric Hilgendorf and Prof. Dr. Rudolf Rengier).
- 2002-2003 Private Tutor for law examinations in Constance.
- 2002 First State Examination, 2004 Second State Examination.
- Law Clerkship (Referendariat) partly spent at the German Embassy of Beijing, China.
- 2004 Admission to the German Bar Association.
- 2005 until 2007 attorney at law firm Redeker Sellner Dahs & Widmaier, Karlsruhe office.
- 2008 joined the law firm of Joachim Albert in Düsseldorf.
- 2010-2015 Visiting Lecturer of the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz.
Foreign Languages: English, Italian, French. Memberships: Düsseldorf Bar Association, the German Bar Association (DAV), the Criminal Law Working Group of the DAV (AG Strafrecht), the Association of German Defense Lawyers (Vereinigung Deutsche Strafverteidiger e.V.), and the Bar Council of Düsseldorf (Rechtsanwaltskammer Düsseldorf). Board member of the the Economic Criminal Law Association (Wirtschaftsstrafrechtliche Vereinigung e.V. – WisteV), chief editor of the Economic Criminal Law Online Journal, WiJ.