Lawyer Joachim Albert
Attorney at Law
Specialist lawyer for criminal law (Fachanwalt für Strafrecht)
Attorney and specialist lawyer for criminal law Joachim Albert is a partner in the law firm Albert & Piel.
He initially studied history and philosophy in Tübingen and subsequently he commenced his law studies in Berlin and Cologne.
Following his second state examination in 1987 Joachim Albert worked as a criminal attorney at law firm Bossi, Ufer & Ziegert in Munich. Afterwards he joined criminal law firm Bauschulte & Kollegen in Düsseldorf. Finally in 1993 he founded his own law firm exclusively operating in criminal law.
Until 1998 Joachim Albert worked as an individual criminal attorney in the general field of criminal law, capital offenses and organized crime. In the following years he defended numerous clients in correspondence with the grey capital market.
Today Joachim Albert is active as an individual criminal attorney in all areas of criminal law relating to business offenses. Furthermore an additional area of expertise is advising and defending companies as well as the defense concerning anticompetitive violations and criminal defense in the context of accidents. For many years cases with international criminal relations (especially USA, Turkey, and Italy) have been within Joachim Albert’s scope of work.
Additionally Joachim Albert works in the field of business compliance and internal investigations. In 2013 he was appointed as ombudsman of the „Stadtwerke Köln“ and all subsidiaries.
- Born in Stuttgart.
- Law studies in Berlin and Cologne.
- 1983 First State Examination, 1986 Second State Examination.
- Stage during Law Clerkship (Referendariat) in criminal law firm in San Francisco, USA.
- 1987 Admission to the German Bar Association.
- 1987 until 1988 attorney at law firm Bossi, Ufer & Ziegert, Munich.
- 1989 until 1993 attorney at law firm Bauschulte & Kollegen, Düsseldorf.
- 1993 founded his own law firm.
- Advisor for the German Lawyers’ Academy (Referent der Deutschen Anwalt Akademie).
- 2007 law clerk teacher for criminal appeal law.
Foreign Language: English. Memberships: Düsseldorf Bar Association, German Bar Association (DAV), Criminal Law Working Group of the DAV (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Strafrecht des DAV), Economic Criminal Law Association (Wirtschaftsstrafrechtliche Vereinigung – WisteV) and Bar Council of Düsseldorf (Rechtsanwaltskammer Düsseldorf).